For this assignment, students will select one of the following topics or issues related to Death & Dying to research:
The following are examples of some points you can include as they relate to your topic:
- Description of topic: Briefly describe your specific topic and why it is of particular interest for the course.
- Dying process: Describe the death and dying process.
- Support: Describe how you would be able to support the grieving individual.
- Community support: What resources are available in your community? Describe how you would help someone dealing with issue of death in your community.
- Legal or ethical issues: Examine and discuss any specific, relevant legal or ethical issues.
- Personal perspectives/examples: Share any insights you may have on this topic that best explain personal thoughts, beliefs, and values. Use pertinent examples to illustrate your points.
Writing the Final PaperThe Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.