1. Imagine you have only 5 minutes to interview a potential employee or fellow speed dater. What personality concepts are the most important in revealing the other’s personality and “fit” with your company or your romantic aspirations?
- traits (openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, neuroticism)
- structure of the mind (id, ego, superego)
- defense mechanisms
- psychosexual development
- fear of death
2. Choose the three concepts you believe to be the most revealing of personality and then:
- Define each concept using your reading and the supplemental materials for guidance but in your own words,
- Discuss why you believe each is of utmost importance in revealing and knowing a person, and
- Suggest one way that you will assess each concept in the other person (hint: look at the section 11.1 on personality measurement)
3. Write your answers in a word processing program and save the essay to your computer as a .doc file.