There are several different research methods psychologists can use to study a behavior. Pretend a researcher wants to study one of the following two questions: Does watching television decrease memory? OR Does taking Vitamin D supplements improve mood?
- Pick one of the medical questions above: Does watching television decrease memory? OR Does taking Vitamin D supplements improve mood?
- Describe how a researcher might use a descriptive method (case study, naturalistic observation or a survey) to answer this question
- Next, describe how a researcher might use the correlational method to study this question
- Finally, describe how you could conduct an experiment to study the question you chose. In your experiment, be sure to specify what the independent and dependent variable are. Include enough detail that a person could take your description of the study and actually conduct it.
- Explain which of these three methods can determine causality.
1-2 pages needed