“Critical Thinking in the Workplace” Please respond to the following:
- The video clip “Thinking on the Job” in the Webtext this week illustrates the importance of critical thinking, especially in work contexts. Define the concept of critical thinking in your own words. Discuss a time in either your work or personal life in which you needed to be able to use critical thinking to either solve a problem or acquire a skill.
- Determine the manner in which you would show a potential employer that you possess solid critical thinking skills. Give your opinion on whether or not you believe that individuals can increase their critical thinking skills. If you believe that they can, explain certain steps that individuals can take to improve this skill.
Homework TopicsTo cover the material and to complete your homework assignments, you will need to access the Webtext. Prior to accessing the Webtext, you must purchase an access code from the Virtual Bookstore, which can be found on iCampus.
Below is a video on how to subscribe to your webtext and other important documents/videos which will help you get started with the webtext.
- Subscribing to Your Webtext
- Soomo Quickstart Guide
- Soomo User Guide: Notes On Critical Thinking
- Student User Guide: Notes on Critical Thinking (video)
- Soomo FAQ’s – Soomo’s FAQ support page.
Chapter 1: The Value of Thinking Critically
- What is Critical Thinking?
- Why Think Critically?
- The Best Possible
Use the link above to study this week’s topics and complete the provided Webtext questions.