Resources:University of Phoenix Material: List of Recommended Websites for Art Museums
Completethe University of Phoenix Material: Museum Website Scavenger Hunt Worksheet.
Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab above.
Local art galleries and museums approved for this assignment are:
• Phoenix Art Museum, 1625 N. Central Ave, Phoenix. Student Tickets $10 but Free on Wednesdays from 3 to 9pm. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
• Heard Museum, 2301 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, Tickets $18.
• Mesa Contemporary Art Museum, One East Main St., Mesa. Free admission. Closed Mondays.
• SMoCA (Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art), 7374 E. Second St., Scottsdale. Contemporary art, architecture & design.
Student Tickets $5. Free admission on Thursdays and from 5 to 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
• ASU Art Museum, Nelson Fine Arts Center Mill Ave. and 10th Street Free admission.Wed. – Sat. 11a-5p, Tues. 11a-8p
An Alternative Museum must be approved by the Instructor prior to attendance.
• Prepare an Individual PowerPoint® or Prezi® Presentation with a minimum of 6 slides plus aReference Slide.
• Present a summary of your art gallery visit to the class in Week 4, sharing your experiences and thoughts.
• Use terminology from your readings to describe the pieces (see elements and principles of art). What are some things you have learned in class that make you look at the pieces differently or more closely?
• Include a ‘selfie’ inside the gallery, outside in front or, standing by a favorite or notable piece of art.
• Submit your PowerPoint® or a link to your Prezi® Presentation in the Assignment Files.
• Present your photos and chosen art selections in a PowerPoint® or Prezi® presentation in class.
NOTE: Be aware of restrictions against taking photos of very valuable or delicate artwork. It’s OK to take pictures of most art without a flash.
Download, Complete, and Submit the University of Phoenix Material: Museum Website Scavenger Hunt Worksheet.