Assignment 2: LASA 1: In a Relationship with a Substance Abuser
Nearly everyone probably knows someone who places other people’s health, welfare, and safety before their own. When they do this, they can lose contact with their own needs, desires, and sense of self-worth.
- Please watch the movie When a Man Loves a Woman. It is available from Amazon On-Demand rental for streaming or download and Netflix DVD rental. You may also be able to find the movie at your local public library or video rental store.
- Refer to the characteristics of codependent people as discussed in the assigned weekly readings. Choose three of the characteristics to examine.
- Search the AUO library and include at least one peer-reviewed journal article on treatment for codependence to use for research.
- Based on the character of the husband in the movie When a Man Loves a Woman, your weekly readings and the research article you reviewed, write a 4-5 page paper that addresses the following for each of the three characteristics you picked:
- Explain three codependent characteristics. Explain why you have chosen each particular characteristic. Provide three examples, one for each characteristic, of how those codependent characteristics specifically apply to the husband’s character in the film.
- Evaluate how each codependent characteristic is detrimental to this person’s ability to establish and maintain healthy relationships.
- Analyze how the codependent behavior has evolved within the substance abuse environment.
- Apply what you have learned from the assigned readings and the peer-reviewed article to recommend at least two strategies for breaking codependent behaviors within a substance abuse environment.
Your paper should be 4-5 pages long. Submit your response as a Word document to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Wednesday, November 16, 2016
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Explain three codependent characteristics examples and provide reasons for selecting those characteristics.||
|Explain how these three codependent characteristics apply specifically to the character of the husband.||
|Evaluate how each codependent characteristic is detrimental to the subject’s ability to establish and maintain healthy relationships.||
|Analyze how each codependent behavior has evolved within a substance abuse environment.||
|Recommend at least two strategies for breaking codependent behavior in a substance abuse environment.||
|Organization (Introduction, Thesis, Transitions, Conclusion)||
|Usage and Mechanics (Grammar, Spelling, Sentence structure)||
|APA Elements (Attribution, Paraphrasing, Quotations)||
|Style (Audience, Word Choice)||
of more than three codependent characteristics is clear and comprehensive.
Reasons for selecting those characteristics are insightful and clear.
of how the three codependent characteristics apply to the character is
comprehensive and insightful and draws on several examples from the film.
of how each codependent characteristic is detrimental to the subject’s
ability to establish and maintain healthy relationships is comprehensive and
insightful and draws on several examples from the film.
of how each codependent behavior has evolved within a substance abuse
environment is comprehensive and insightful and draws on several examples
from the film.
of more than two strategies for breaking codependent behavior are
comprehensive and insightful and demonstrate superior mastery of the research
(20 % of LASA grade)
Introduction catches the reader’s attention, provides
compelling and appropriate background info, and clearly states the topic.
The paper is well organized around an arguable, focused
Thoughtful transitions clearly show how ideas relate.
leaves the reader with a sense of closure and provides concluding insights.
The paper is basically error
free in terms of mechanics. Grammar and mechanics help establish a clear idea
and aid the reader in following the writer’s logic.
Using APA format, accurately
paraphrased, quoted, and cited throughout the presentation when appropriate
or called for. Only a few minor errors present.
Writing remains professional in third person throughout
Word choice is precise, appropriate for the audience, and