Prepare a presentation about a vacation or a retreat to a sacred place in mythology. This place may or may not currently exist, but is expected to come from your reading for Week 5. Again, this sacred place MUST come from your reading for Week 5. Create your presentation in the form of a brochure (4-6 pages in length), a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with Speaker Notes (6-9 slides in length), or another form of your choice. The use of images is strongly encouraged.
Reading will be provided to the bid winner
Include the following:
- The mythological origins, history, and functions of the place
- Any sacred objects and attributes associated with the deities and mythological origins of this place, for example, Apollo’s snake and lyre or Buddha’s bodhi tree—discuss the symbolism of these objects as used by contemporary people and cultures.
- A comparison of this place to those that serve similar functions in other cultures, for example, mountain tops, temples, burial sites or memorials, and so on
- The relevance of this place and these objects in contemporary culture—what significance do these places or things hold in the minds and emotions of the people? How do these places or things connect to mythological stories from that culture? What is the role of place and the associated objects?
- The most important facts to know about the surrounding culture, and etiquette and dress to follow when visiting to this place—with what knowledge and experiences would you hope to return home?
Format your images, citations, and references consistent with APA guidelines.