As we have noted throughout the course, our world is becoming increasingly urbanized. Indeed, in Chapter 29 of your textbook, Walter P. Zenner makes the argument that the very distinction between urban and rural communities is no longer valid, because everyone in the world is involved in a globalized, urban culture (p. 414). After completing this week’s readings, examine two of the electronic resources listed below and then answer the following questions:
- Do you agree with Zenner’s analysis? Why or why not?
- What do you think the cities of the future will look like? How do the ideas in the resources you examined fit into your vision? Do you think they are correct or incorrect?
- How will issues like poverty, crime, and immigration affect the cities of the future?
- Wakefield, J. (2013).How will our future cities look? BBC News. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20770518
- Wakefield, J. (2013).Building cities of the future now. BBC News. Retrieved from
Your initial response should be at least 250 words in length. Be sure to support your points with examples from the text, required and recommended material, and/or other scholarly articles.