Assignment 3.1: Determining Causes and Effects
worth 150 points
Select one (1) of the following scenarios on which to focus your cause and effect paper. Research the topic and include credible sources to support claims. Identify your purpose clearly, incorporate audience needs, establish a desired tone, and organize information/claims effectively.
1. The President of Strayer University has asked you (a full time university professor) to write about the major causes and effects of stress on college students. The paper will be presented to senior administration in order to help students have a more positive college experience.
2. The director of your state unemployment agency has asked you (a public relations specialist) to write about the causes and effects of unemployment on an individual/family. The paper will be presented to the agency as they make decisions about reaching out to those who need jobs.
3. The CEO of Bank of America has asked you (a financial analyst) to write a paper on the causes and effects on not keeping a personal budget. The paper will be presented to the communications department of the company so they can create budget forms for customers.
Write a 4-5 page paper in which you:
- Provide a clear thesis statement.
- Describe the major cause.
- Describe a leading second cause
- Describe two (2) other contributing causes
- Describe three (3) effects of the cause on the economy.
- Describe three (3) effects on people.
- Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide three (4) relevant and credible sources to support claims.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.