Describe and explore the similarities and differences of empiricist and rational
Describe and explore the similarities and differences of empiricist and rationalist theories. Use specific examples from architecture and design.
Answer the above question in a short essay (introduction, body, conclusion). Your answer should be succinct and relevant to the question, being approximately 500 words in length. Reference notation will not count towards the total word count (bibliography/footnotes).
Journal Entry (25 points)
- Timely Submission (1 point)
- Strong and well organized thesis statement (2 points)
- Presence of critical thinking and analysis – Correctly interpreting lecture material and integrating it into essay (10 points)
- Use of at least two external citations from books, book chapters, or academic journals (5 points)
- Use of first source material – original writing of the theorist/philosopher (2 points)
- Quality of writing and organizational structure, grammar and spelling (5 points)
References will be in either MLA or Chicago style. The journal entry should build from the course material and is the major mechanism for determining the student’s retention and comprehension of the material. References to the lecture material and a return to first source writings is necessary. Relating the theme’s content to contemporary concerns is also required.
Click here to download the audio file and listen