I’m interest in Number 3, American Sociological Association
Review a “Code of Ethics” document related to your area of study or vocation. Some examples are listed below. Consider a specific moral issue in your area of study or vocation and complete an essay according to the following directions.
“Code of Ethics” Examples:
- American Psychological Association: http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology: http://www.appliedsportpsych.org/About/Ethics
- American Sociological Association: http://www.asanet.org/about/ethics.cfm
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences: http://www.acjs.org/pubs/167_671_2922.cfm
- American Association of Christian Counselors: http://www.aacc.net/about-us/code-of-ethics/
- Ministerial Code of Ethics: http://www.cecconline.com/node/11
In 750-1,000 words, address the following:
- Describe an ethical issue in your own area of study and provide a moral response.
- Analyze how at least two moral theories might respond to the issue.
- Explain how principles contained in a “Code of Ethics” for your discipline relate to the issue.
- Utilize one of the models for making moral decisions discussed in Topic 6 to evaluate the issue.
- Describe and support your rationale to the issue.