For your Final Project, you will integrate the knowledge on the topic, Child Assessment Program, from this course with effective advocacy for children. In a 10- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation (not including separate title and reference slides), develop a policy proposal for implementing the changes that you seek. You will need to utilize the outline you created, C:UsersjeremyDesktopLee’s School WorkECE 601 (June 2014)Written Assignment Outline for Final Project.docx in this course to help complete the final project. Remember that a presentation is different from a paper, so it shouldn’t include too many words on a single slide. Use the notes section at the bottom of the slide to elaborate on the key points of your slide. Please include the following in your presentation:
Click on the above link to see the outline which I created for the final project…thank you
- Clearly describe your chosen topic, how it currently exists, and at least two changes you hope to implement. Parts of this description should come from the rationale from the outline you created last week. Use examples to illustrate your topic and support your description with at least one scholarly source, in addition to your text. Possible topics include, but are not limited to, assessment, teacher preparation and professionalism, inclusion, diversity, curriculum development, and family engagement.
- Clearly state your thesis statement that should flow from your rationale.
- Summarize each of the three arenas for child advocacy: public, private, and personal. Provide examples to illustrate each arena, and support your summary with at least one scholarly source in addition to the course text.
- Using the “Strategies for Advocacy” listed below to develop a specific plan to implement your changes. Include at least two strategies for all three arenas of child advocacy and at least one scholarly source in addition to your text.
The 3 “Strategies for Advocacy”
1) create greater understanding and commitment among all decision makers (whether in public or private arenas) regarding the rights and needs of young children
2) influence specific decisions by the individuals and groups with which one has direct contact
3) influence broader public policy decisions to achieve positive outcomes for children and families
Format your presentation according to APA style. Include a reference slide that lists at least three additional scholarly sources (see #1, #3, and #4).
**This is the final project, I said I would send you personally, please let me know if you are unable to do it where I can post it public** Thanks for all your help – truly appreciate it!
**Let me know if you have any further questions – Thanks again