This project will be fun! After reading The Time Machine, create your own short story. It should contain all of the elements of a short story including these:
- Exposition: Upfront information needed to understand the story. This includes the characters, the setting, the basic conflict, and the incident that gets the story started.
- Rising Action: Whatever you need to get the story moving.
- Climax: The turning point. This is a change for the better or worse in the main character’s affairs.
- Falling Action: The conflicts start to get resolved.
- Resolution and Conclusion: The story comes to an end. What finally happens? Is the main character finally saved or lost?