512: Unit 7: Assignment , Quality Indicators and Evidenced-Based Best Practice (EBBP)
For this Assignment, you are to critically evaluate the quality of a single subject research study using the information provided in your reading for this week. Select a single subject research study from the Kaplan Library on a topic of interest to you. See attached pdf “512 assignment 7”
Fry, J., Botterill, W., & Pring, T. (2009). The effect of an intensive group therapy program for young adults who stutter: a single subject study. International Journal Of Speech-Language Pathology, 11(1), 12-19.
Be sure it is not the same study that you used in any of the Discussions in this class, and be sure it was published in the past 10 years. First, briefly summarize the study for the class (subjects, method, results, conclusions, etc.). Then, using the Horner et al. (2005) article, provide a detailed discussion of whether or not the study meets each element of all seven criteria given for a quality single subject research study. Use Table 1 on p. 174 of the Horner et al. (2005) article to organize your paper. Discuss one element at a time: there are seven major headings and 21 bullet points in Table 1, so your paper should have seven section headings, with each section containing the same number of paragraphs as there are bullet points for that section in Table 1.
In your paper, be sure to provide a clear determination of the following:
1. The full-text citation to your article.
2. A discussion of all the criteria of a quality single subject study that were described in the article from your reading this week and whether or not your study meets these criteria.
3. Provide a clear rationale as to why the study meets quality standards for each of the criteria listed above, with sufficient references and citations to the text to support your assertions.
Be sure to use APA style throughout, with a minimum of 3-5 pages in total.
The paper should:
· Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
· Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
· Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
· Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Kaplan University Writing Center for help.
Your Assignment will be due at the end of Unit 7. Submit your work via the Unit 7: Assignment Dropbox.